Best replacement valve kit for your Fender Twin Reverb Blackface and Silverface amplifier
This replacement valve kit for Fender Twin Reverb amplifiers will get your amp sounding better than ever.
These premium quality valves guarantee awesome tone, amazing power and long life.
Your valves quickly lose their tone and power. So get your amplifier sounding like it should with this stunning guitar amplifier valve kit.
This premium quality JJ valve kit comprises:
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also known as 12AX7) for positions V1, V2, V4 and V5.
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC81 valve (12AT7) for position V3.
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Balanced ECC81 for position V6.
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched 6L6GC power valves.
There have been many variations of this amp but they all use the same valves listed above.
1963 – 1967: The Blackface rated at 85W
1968 – 1982: The Silverface rated at 100W.
There were also variations made in 1969, 1970 and again in 1972. The biggest variation in 1972 was the addition of a master volume control.
1992: The latest variation is the 85-watt reissue ’65 Fender Twin Reverb. This was launched in 1992 and still features four 6L6GC output tubes, four 12AX7 (ECC83) preamp tubes, and two 12AT7 (ECC81) preamp tubes. In addition, you get two 12” 8-ohm Jensen C-12K speakers. Other features include dual channels (normal and vibrato), Fender reverb, vibrato, two-button reverb and vibrato on-off foot-switch, tilt-back legs, black textured vinyl covering and silver grille cloth.
We always recommend JJ valves for the Fender Twin Reverb 1960s amplifier. This is because they guarantee a superb tone at a very attractive price. Remember, JJ is one of only four valve manufacturers in the world. You can also order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs. However, we always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
Restore the original power, clarity and sparkle to your Fender Twin Reverb Blackface and Silverface guitar amplifier. Treat yourself to a brand new set of valves today.
- Awesome tone. The number one priority for any Fender owner has to be the tone of the amplifier.
- Sustained valve power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain.
- Long valve life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also very important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this replacement valve kit?
Buying our replacement valve kit for Fender Twin Reverb with JJ valves ensures you will get great tone. These kits offer superb value for money.
If you have any questions about replacing the valves on your Fender Twin Reverb please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years of experience so we are sure we can help.
We also recommend that you take a look at our very helpful FAQ section. Here you will find the answer to most questions as well as lots of useful hints and tips on changing your valves.
The best replacement valve kit for Fender Twin Reverb Blackface and Silverface amps on the market today.
- All of our valve kits are carefully chosen, fully tested, digitally balanced and matched before we ship them to you.
- Superior Grade valves giving a significant upgrade in tone.
- Fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with confidence.
- Global shipping – we ship all over the world every single day.
Other amps in the Fender Twin Range:
- “Blonde Twin” (1961-1963)
- “Twin Reverb” Blackface (1963-1967). This Page.
- “Twin Reverb Silverface (1968-1982). This Page.
- “Super Twin (1975-1976)
- “Super Twin Reverb (1977-1980)
- “Twin Reverb II” (1983-1986)
- “Twin Red Knob”(1987-1994) badge says “The Twin” on the front
- “Twin Reverb 1965 Reissue” (1992-present)
- “Fender 65 Twin Custom 15” (1995-present)
- “94 Twin Amp – “The Evil Twin” (1994 to 2001)
- “65 Twin Custom 15 (1995 to preset)
- “Pro Tube Twin” (2002-2010)
- “57 Twin Amp Reissue (2009 – 2012)
- “68 Custom Twin Reverb (2013-present)