Looking for great sounding valves for Hughes and Kettner Puretone amplifier? You’ve come to the right place.
The Hughes and Kettner Puretone amplifier uses two ECC83 (also known as 12AX7) preamp valves and a matched pair of EL34 power valves/power tubes.
We always recommend JJ valves for Hughes and Kettner Puretone amplifier. They offer amazing tone and power at a very competitive price.
If you have any questions about replacing the valves on your Hughes and Kettner amplifier please do not hesitate to get in touch. We have over 30 years of experience and so we will be happy to advise.
Also, take a look at our very useful FAQ section where we answer all the most popular questions we get asked each week.
Bare-bones purism- but awesome tone that many guitarists love. An old-school treat.
It’s fair to say that the Hughes and Kettner Puretone offer “No frills, but plenty of thrills” with their single-channel 25W head. A great clear sound but compare it with other amps you will notice there is no distortion or overdrive. For guitarists who like to use their own pedals that’s exactly what they want.
It delivers the most primal, pure, and potent sonic experience an advanced player could hope for. The 3-band voicing section can be faded out smoothly. Class A power amp section with 2 x EL 34s. Dual-stage switchable dummy load.
– Note the great-looking head: 25W.
– Valves for Hughes and Kettner Puretone amplifier: 2 x ECC83s and 2 x EL 34s.
– Great German quality which looks like it will stand the test of time.
– 3-band voicing section that can be faded out smoothly.
– Of particular note is the blue lighting. It looks amazing in the dark.
– Superb Class A power amp section.
– Dual-stage switchable dummy load.
– Width 24-1/2″ x Height 12-1/2″H x Depth 10-1/4”.
– Weight 37lbs.
In conclusion, the Hughes and Kettner Puretone amplifier gives you gorgeous tone – and looks amazing with its incredible blue lighting.
If you’re looking for great sounding valves for your Hughes and Kettner amplifier you’ve come to the right place.