Need a replacement valve kit for your Marshall 6100 amplifier?
This replacement JJ valve kit for Marshall 6100 (head version) and 6101 (combo) will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today. This superb JJ valve kit comprises:
- 6 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Balanced ECC83 for the phase splitter position V7.
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade JJ EL34 matched power valves/power tubes (please check your amp as it may have come with different valves from Marshall).
We always recommend JJ valves for this amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can. We also offer original Marshall branded EKL34 power valves for those owners who prefer the Marshall brand.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Get your Marshall amplifier sounding better than ever.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any Marshall owner has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email and we will get straight back to you. We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help.
Also, do check out our FAQ Section as we may have already answered your question in there. You will also find lots of helpful tips if you are new to upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit on the market.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested (twice) and digitally balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- These are Selected Premium Grade valves that deliver superior tone and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
About the amp:
The 6100 is the head version and the 6101 is the combo. They were made in 1992 and featured blue Tolex and white lettering. Later that year Marshall changed it to black Tolex. In 1983, the closure of the Tesla valve factory meant there was a global shortage of EL34 power valves and so the model was re-engineered to take 5881 power valves. I’m sure this is something Jim Marshall would not have wanted to do. The new model was called the 6100 LM.
Can you swap to El34s if you have 6550s?
Well, EL34 amplifiers use 1K ohm screen grid resistors whereas 6L6 amplifiers use 470 ohm. Apparently, Marshall fitted the LM amplifiers with 5-watt 470-ohm resistors. So running EL34 tubes in these amps should not cause you any problems.