Best replacement valve kit for Fender Studio Bass amplifiers
This replacement valve kit for Fender Studio Bass amplifiers will get your amp sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today. This superb JJ valve kit comprises:
- 3 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7) for positions V1, V3 and V4.
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC82 (12AU7) for the EQ in position V2.
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Current Balanced ECC82 for the phase inverter in position V5.
- 6 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched 6L6GC power valves/power tubes.
Please note that the valve positions on this amp are not numbered as you would expect. looking at the amp from the front, the position of the preamp valves is V1, V3, V2, V4, V5.
This means that the standard ECC82 is third from the left (or the third valve from the input jack) not the second from the left as you would expect. getting the V2 and V3 the wrong way round will make a huge difference ton the sound and gain of this amp. Trying different preamp valves (known as rolling your valves) is always a good idea but in this case, swapping these two valves over will not give you a good result – far from it.
We always recommend JJ valves for the Fender Studio Bass amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your Fender guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. Surely this is what matters most. The number one priority for any Fender amp owner has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help.
Do check out our FAQ section first though.
Here you will find the answers to most questions as well as useful hints and tips if you have never upgraded your tubes before.
The best replacement valve kit for Fender Studio Bass amplifiers on the market
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- JJ valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and extremely low harmonics.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So you know they will be delivered safely.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
What do these valves sound like?
These Selected Premium Grade valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and very low microphonic so that you get the very best tone from your amplifier. You really can hear the difference.
Tight and full bass response without any muddiness. A mellow and very rich middle range but still crystal clean when required. A saturated overdrive with exceptional sustain. A beautiful glassy top end that can be easily varied to suit your style of playing.