Need a replacement valve kit for Blackstar Series One 100 6L6 amplifiers?
This replacement valve kit for Blackstar Series One 100 6L6 amplifiers will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today. This selected valve kit comprises:
- 4 x Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Premium Grade JJ ECC82 (12AU7).
- 4 x Premium Grade JJ Matched 6L6GC Power Valves/Power Tubes.
We always recommend JJ valves for the S1-1046L6 Head. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier.
You can order the preamp valves singly and the power valves as matched quads. However, it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you want your amp to sound its very best.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity of your guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any Blackstar owner has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also very important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email.
We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help. One of our team will get straight back to you.
We also recommend that you take a look at our very useful FAQ section.
Here we answer all of your most popular questions.
We also give lots of hints and tips if you are new to changing or upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit for Blackstar Series One S1-1046L6 amplifier on the market.
- Every valve is carefully selected, fully tested and digitally matched before we ship to you.
- Selected Premium Grade JJ valves for superior tone, power and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- Estimated delivery times are shown before checkout for your selected delivery service.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
Replacement valve kit for the Series One 100 6L6 version and which valves are best. Our JJ valves give awesome tone and restore the power and clarity to your amp. All valves 100% guaranteed. Carefully matched and selected.
About the Blackstar Series One S1-1046L6 head
The heart of this amp is the 4 x 6L6 power valves. They are a big part of the sound and it is personal preference whether you prefer these or the EL34 alternative model.
Taming the amp is a big deal these days and the DPR control lets you reduce the power to 10W. This means you can achieve the same beautiful distortion at a much lower volume level.
The Blackstar patented ISF control works with the Bass, Middle and Treble control. Combined they give you infinite new sound possibilities. This interactive control allows you to infinitely adjust the response of the tone control between any of the traditional voicings. This means you can create your own unique sound.
Speaker Emulated Output
All Series One amplifiers have a state-of-the-art speaker emulator. The Blackstar speaker emulator is a multi-stage filter that takes the preamplifier signal and then adds the characteristics of a valve power amp, guitar loudspeaker and cabinet. the end result is extremely impressive.
The Series One also gives you the ability to control channel selection via MIDI Program Change messages. It will interface with the majority of MIDI controllers. There are 128 available Program Changes, which surely is more than enough for anyone.
Photographic Credit: Our sincere thanks to Andrew Hume for allowing us to use his photographs.