Looking for a replacement valve kit for Marshall Artist or Artiste?
The Marshall Artist 2040, later known as the Artiste, uses 6 valves in total to achieve its superb sound. They are:
- 3 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 (also called 12AX7) preamp valves.
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Balanced ECC83 for the phase splitter position (V4)
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ EL34 Matched power valves/power tubes.
Over time, your valves slowly lose both their tone and their power. So always replace your valves on a regular basis if you want to keep your amp sounding like it should. We always recommend JJ valves/tubes for this amplifier. This is because they guarantee you will get awesome tone and power – at a very competitive price.
We also sell Marshall power valves for those owners who specifically want Marshall branded valves.
Order your new valve kit today and hear the difference.
If you have any questions about this replacement valve kit for the Marshall Artist please do not hesitate to drop us a line. We have over 30 years experience so we are always glad to help.
You may also like to check out our FAQ section where we answer all the most popular questions of changing your tubes. We also provide lots of useful hints and tips if you have never upgraded your tubes before.
Best valves for your Marshall Artist 2040 amplifier.
- Premium quality valves giving superb tone and power.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally balanced and matched for the perfect tone.
- Very tight bass response, mellow mids, punchy and warm overdrive and beautiful glassy top end.
- We offer a range of fast shipping options with full tracking and insurance. So you know your valves will arrive safely.
- Over 30 years in the industry so you are in very safe hands.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world every single day.
About this amp:
This rather lovely all-tube amp was made in the UK in the early 1970s. Four ECC83 preamp valves and two EL34 power valves deliver that much sought after, all-valve tone. Two 12” Celestion Greenback drivers and two channels with four inputs and separate EQ controls. The Hammond spring reverb is a joy to use.
Very much a great gigging amp but also becoming a rare collector’s piece as well these days.