Looking for a great valve kit for your Vox AC15 amplifier?
This replacement valve kit for the Vox AC15C1 (and AC15C1x, AC15c2 and AC15CC Custom Classic) uses:
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x ECC83 balanced for the phase splitter in position V3 (furthest from the input jack).
- 2 x EL84 matched power valves/power tubes.
We recommend JJ tubes for the Vox AC15C1 amplifier. This is because they give you awesome tone and power without costing a fortune. JJ is one of only five manufacturers of valves in the World. This valve kit is a significant upgrade to the valves supplied with the amplifier. We also stock Sovtek and Electro Harmonix valves if you prefer those brands.
So order your new valves today and hear the difference they make.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions about this replacement valve kit please drop us an email and we will get straight back to you.
We have over 30 years of experience so we are always happy to help.
If you haven’t changed your valves before, please take a look at our very helpful FAQ Section before you contact us. Here you will find the answer to most questions. We also provide lots of useful hints and tips if you have never upgraded your tubes before.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally graded, balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- Premium quality valves giving superior tone, power and performance across the entire range.
- Fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world every single day.
About the Vox AC15C1:
The Vox AC15 C1 amp was first introduced in 1958. The AC15 combo has been the amp of choice for countless guitar players throughout the world. This amp draws on more than 50 years of amp-building expertise. As a result, the AC15 C1 Custom Series offers you an incredible amount of tonal range in your guitar playing.
Which Vox AC15 amplifiers does this replacement valve kit fit?
This replacement valve/tube kit also fits later models in the Vox AC15 range:
- AC15C1: 15 Watts Single 12″ Celestion G12M Greenback Speaker
- AC15C1X: 15 Watts Single 12″ Celestion Alnico Blue Speaker
- AC15C2 “Twin”: 15 Watts 2×12″ Celestion G12M Greenback Speakers
- AC15 CC Custom Classic.
The Vox AC15 C1 amp is about as versatile as a tube amp of this sort can be. So you can get classic Vox clean tones and some great distortion out of it at reasonable volumes. The built-in reverb sounds lovely as does the built-in tremolo. There is no effects loop on the Vox AC15 C1, nor a headphone jack.
The amp has two inputs, one for the normal channel and one for the top-boost channel, which obviously boosts the high-end of the signal. The top-boost channel has a responsive EQ with treble and bass, though the normal channel does not. Finally, there’s a knob called Tone Cut which can increase or decrease higher frequencies.