Best replacement valve kit for Marshall JVM205C amplifiers.
What Valves Does The Marshall JVM205c Amplifier Use?
This replacement valve kit for the Marshall JVM205C amplifier comprises:
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V5.
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched EL34 power valves/power tubes.
We always recommend JJ tubes for the Marshall JVM205C amplifier. These premium grade selected valves deliver superior tone, power and performance at a competitive price. You can buy valves as singles, power valves as matched pairs or a complete kit. Order your valves below and hear the difference
Do you have any questions about replacing your valves?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please do not hesitate to get in touch. We have over 30 years of experience and will be happy to advise.
Also, take a look at our FAQ section. Here we answer all the most popular questions we get asked each week as well as providing lots of useful hints and tips on upgrading your tubes.
- Selected premium-grade valves for superior tone, power and performance.
- Every valve kit is carefully chosen, fully tested, digitally balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance so you know they will arrive safely and on time.
- International orders. We ship all over the world every single day.
About the Marshall JVM205C
The Marshall all-valve 50 Watt JVM205c is the combo version of the 205H. It offers a more straightforward two-channel preamp, clean/crunch and overdrive, than the JVM410H’s four channels, for guitarists who prefer a more stripped-down, ‘fewer frills’ approach. The two independent channels have three modes. Each mode reconfigures the gain structure of each channel, making six modes in total, which take can you from Plexi/JTM45 cleans through JCM800 to modern high gain tones.
In a nutshell, the Marshall all-valve, 2-channel Marshall JVM205C 50W tube head is a 2-channel, 50W version of the most versatile Marshall amplifier ever made, the JVM410H. Both channels are completely independent of each other and they boast 3 Modes, all 6 of which are foot-switchable and feature their own unique gain structure. It effectively makes the JVM205C 6 Marshalls in one!
The Marshall JVM205C has studio-quality digital reverb with level control for each channel. This is also foot-switchable, as are the amp’s two Master Volume controls and the Series/Parallel effects loop. Resonance and Presence are also equipped with master controls.
With its ingenious footswitch (UK patent pending) and the fact all the amp’s switching (channel/modes, Reverb, Master Volume selection, FX loop) can be done via MIDI, you’re looking at an incredibly flexible amp! The 4-way footswitch boasts LEDs and memory, plus it connects to the amp via a regular guitar cable.
From the cleanest clean to the filthiest distortion ever found in a Marshall and all points in-between, the Marshall JVM205C all-valve amp head will give you whatever tone you need right when you need it.
Features of the amplifier:
- 50W power.
- All-valve, with 5 x 12AX7 and 2 x EL34.
- 2 totally independent, foot-switchable channels.
- Each channel has 3 foot-switchable modes.
- Footswitchable, studio-quality digital reverb.
- Independent reverb controls for each channel.
- 2 foot-switchable master volumes.
- 2 FX loops, one series, and one parallel.
- Parallel FX loop is foot-switchable on/off.
- Speaker emulated XLR output.
- 4-way footswitch (with memory) supplied.
- All switching can be done via MIDI.
Best replacement valve kit for Marshall JVM205 amplifier
Order your brand new valves today and hear the difference.