Need a replacement valve kit for Tone King Imperial MKII amplifiers?
This replacement valve kit for Tone King Imperial MKII amplifiers will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today. This superb JJ valve kit comprises:
- 3 x ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Balanced ECC83 for the phase splitter position V5.
- 1 x ECC81 for position V3.
- 2 x matched 6V6S power valves/power tubes.
- 1 x GZ34S (5AR4) rectifier valve.
This amp is cathode biased and so it does not need to be rebiased when you change your valves.
We always recommend JJ valves for the Tone King Imperial MKII amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any Tone King owner has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help you solve any problem.
Do check out our FAQ section first though. Here we answer all the most popular questions we get asked about changing and upgrading valves.
The best replacement valve kit for Tone King Imperial MKII amplifiers on the market.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested and digitally matched before we ship to you.
- JJ valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and extremely low harmonics.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So you know they will be delivered safely.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
What Tone King say about this amp:
“The output stage of the Imperial is fully cathode biased, and no bias adjustment is necessary when changing output tubes.
The design of the Imperial’s output stage allows a fair amount of margin for variation in tube characteristics, so any known brand of 6V6 can be installed and will work properly and be appropriately self-biased. Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo have helped define the tone of many vintage, American-voiced combo amps. We have gone into painstaking detail to re-create those same thick, splashing, pulsating tones. And we think you’ll find our tube-driven circuits and old-school control perfectly capture the sound and character of the originals.
Every Tone King combo amplifier is outfitted with a 12” Eminence speaker, voiced to deliver the top-shelf tone our brand demands. As soon as you hit your first notes, you’ll experience the detailed overtones, warm lows, and vocal-like mids all displaying pristine sonic detail.
From the Tolex to the wiring, every Tone King amplifier is constructed with a passion for tone and reliability, right here in the US. We use only premium baltic birch in the construction of our cabinets and amp shells. And every amp is meticulously hand-built to deliver top-notch tone every time you plug in”.