Best replacement valve kit for Suhr Badger 18 amplifier
This replacement valve kit for the Suhr Badger 18 amplifier will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today.
This superior valve kit comprises:
- 2 x Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valve (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V3 (the preamp valve furthest from your input jack).
- 1 x Premium Grade JJ 5y3S rectifier valve.
- 2 x Premium Grade JJ Matched EL84 power valves/power tubes.
We always recommend JJ valves for this amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity of your Suhr guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years of experience so we are sure we can help.
You will also find our FAQ section well worth a visit. Here we give you lots of hints and tips about upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit for Suhr Badger 18 amplifiers on the market.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally graded, balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- These are selected Premium Grade JJ valves that deliver superior tone, power and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- We have over 30 years of experience in the industry so you know you are in very safe hands.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
These valves are suited to all styles of music and are exceptionally good for blues, rock and jazz as they give you so much control.
About the amp
The Suhr Badger 18 was launched to much acclaim in 2006. The amp used EL84 power valves. This is what Suhr have to say about the amp:
“In 2005, we set out to design a series of portable, hand-built, all-tube amplifiers. These amplifiers would be easy to use and offer players a vast array of classic British tones and would fit right at home in virtually any recording or live performance environment.
The result? In the Winter of 2006, the first Badger amplifier was born and the rest is history. Since its debut, players, artists, and producers alike have made the Suhr Badger their go-to amplifier for an endless variety of recording and performance applications”.
In 2016 the amp was revised. Two new models were introduced, the Badger 30 and the Badger 35.