Best replacement valve kit for Orange AD200B and AD200 MK 3 amplifiers
This replacement valve kit for Orange AD200B amplifiers will get your amp sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today. This superb JJ valve kit comprises:
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Current Balanced ECC81 (12AT7) for the phase inverter in position V3.
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched 6550 power valves/power tubes.
We always recommend JJ valves for the Orange AD200B amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your Orange guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. Surely this is what matters most. The number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help.
Do check out our FAQ section first though. Here you will find the answers to most questions as well as useful hints and tips if you have never upgraded your tubes before.
The best replacement valve kit for Orange AD200B amplifiers on the market
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- JJ valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and extremely low harmonics.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So you know they will be delivered safely.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
What Orange say about this amp:
“The AD200B MKIII is quite simply one of the purest valve bass amplifiers ever produced. Designed on the premise that the best tone often comes from the shortest signal path from guitar to speaker, this classic, uncomplicated design features inputs for both active and passive instruments and a simple but effective EQ.
With four 6550 output valves pushing 200 Watts of power, the AD200B has a deep, dynamic low-end with a creamy yet focused mid-range. The now-iconic gain structure reveals a wide spectrum of vintage and modern tones, from mellow hues perfect for flat-wound strings, through to heavy, percussive growl.
Whatever the situation, there is no shortage of punch, which is just one of the reasons why the AD200B has appeared on some of the world’s biggest stages”.
What do these valves sound like?
These Selected Premium Grade valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and very low microphonic so that you get the very best tone from your amplifier. You really can hear the difference.
Tight and full bass response without any muddiness. A mellow and very rich middle range but still crystal clean when required. A saturated overdrive with exceptional sustain. A beautiful glassy top end that can be easily varied to suit your style of playing.