Best replacement valve kit for Matchless Chieftain amplifiers?
This replacement JJ valve kit for the Matchless Chieftain amplifier will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These valves are specified by Matchless for and will ensure the optimum tone and power from your amp. This superb valve kit comprises:
- 4 x ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Balanced ECC83 for the phase splitter position.
- 1 x GZ34 rectifier valve.
- 2 x matched EL34 power valves.
You can order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can. You will not need to rebias your amplifier when you change your valves.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any Matchless owner has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help.
We also have an excellent FAQ section where you will find answers to all the most popular questions we get asked each week.
The best replacement valve kit for Matchless Chieftain amplifiers on the market.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested and digitally matched and balanced before we ship to you.
- JJ valves are specified by Matchless for all their amplifiers.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
Our JJ valves give awesome tone and restore the power and clarity to your amp. All of our valves 100% guaranteed.
What Matchless say about this amp.
“The 40-watt Chieftain employs a tube powered spring reverb and a broad array of tone control knobs. The classic range of bass, mid, treble, brilliance and reverb controls provides quick access and visual confirmation of 5 tube-based tone-shaping parameters.
Exceptionally loud sound pressure levels can be attained with no appreciable loss of tone. Additional features include an effects loop and a switchable output impedance (4, 8, 16 ohms).
Sound on the 212 Combo is delivered through two Celestion speakers: a G12H and a Greenback 25, each specially modified to a proprietary MATCHLESS formula.
All of this is encased in an extremely sturdy hand-made 11-ply, 3/4” Baltic birch cabinet, wrapped in richly textured black vinyl. The finishing touch is our signature backlit nameplate and control panel, which lets you (and the audience) know when the power is on.
The Chieftain will support almost any playing style and is considered an excellent all-purpose amplifier”.