Replacement valve kit for Marshall JCM800 2203KK Kerry King amplifiers
This replacement valve kit for the Marshall JCM800 2203KK Kerry King amplifier will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today.
This superior JJ kit comprises:
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valve (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V3
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched KT88 power valves/power tubes delivering an incredible 200 watts of power.
Note: The balanced ECC83 goes in the V3 position which is the preamp valve furthest from your input jack.
We always recommend JJ tubes for this amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these singly or the power valves as matched quads but it is always recommended that you change them all at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set today. Restore the power and clarity to your Marshall guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The KT88 is probably the best amplifier valve ever made and delivers stunning tone throughout the range.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years of experience so we are sure we can help you solve any problem.
You will also find our FAQ section well worth a visit. Here we give you lots of hints and tips about upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit for Marshall JCM800 2203KK Kerry King amps on the market
- Every kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally graded, balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- These are selected Premium Grade valves that deliver superior tone, power and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- We have over 30 years experience in the industry so you know you are in very safe hands.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
About this amp:
The JCM800 2203KK is based on Kerry King’s preferred JCM800 head. He calls this head the “The Beast.”
This JCM800 had been the mainstay of Kerry’s sound for many years, so it was no surprise that is Marshall created the 2203KK.
This amazing amp comes with three ECC83s in the preamp stage and four of the KT88 power valves.
This is often considered to be the best Metal amp out there but of course, King has never been a traditional metal guitarist. This amp incorporates his own special touches that Kerry specified.
Among these features are:
- a “frown EQ” mid-boost. This counteracts the metal tendency to scoop the mid tones.
- the now famous Beast button, which instantly engages Kerry’s unique sound.
- a noise gate that accentuates King’s trademark staccato playing style.