Looking for the best replacement valve kit for your Marshall JCM800 2203?
This superb replacement valve kit for Marshall JCM800 2203 amplifiers comprises:
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also known as 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V3.
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade JJ EL34 Matched power valves/power tubes.
We always recommend JJ tubes for the Marshall JCM800 2203 amplifier. This is because they guarantee awesome tone and power at a very competitive price. Order your valves below and hear the difference.
We also sell Marshall EL34 power valves for those owners who specifically want Marshall branded valves.
Do you have any questions about upgrading your valves?
If you have any questions about replacing the valves on your Marshall JCM800 2203 please do not hesitate to drop us an email. We have over 30 years experience and so we will be happy to advise.
Also, do take a look at our FAQ section where there is lots of information on swapping your tubes.
- Premium quality selected JJ valve kit delivers superior tone, power and performance.
- Every valve kit is carefully checked and digitally matched before we ship to you.
- We offer a range of delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So you know your valves will arrive safely.
- Global delivery. We ship all over the world every single day.
Replacement Valves. About the Marshall JCM800 2203 amp:
This JCM800 re-issue, 2203 model (’81-’84), is one of the most highly respected 100 Watt Marshall® heads. Originally evolving from the ‘Plexi’ head, the JCM800 was one of our first amplifiers to feature a Master Volume control.
The JCM800 2203 remains the essence of simplicity; it has one channel with no Reverb. Its purist-pleasing front panel and distinctive roar set the standard by which all other rock amps were judged. And it is still produced because of continued artist use, and of course by popular demand. The only modern addition made to the JCM800 2203 is a tonally transparent Series FX Loop.
The Marshall JCM800 2203X Vintage Series 100W Tube Head is the original amp behind Eddie’s famous “brown sound” from the 1981 to 1990 era. It’s still backing some of rock’s greatest including Zakk Wylde and Kerry King. Three ECC83s and four EL34s pumps out 100W of that inimitable Marshall overdrive. If you are an effects freak, then this is probably not the amp for you.