Best replacement valve kit for Laney GH50R amplifiers
This replacement valve kit for the Laney GH50R amplifier will get your amplifier sounding better than ever.
These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power.
The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today.
This superb valve kit comprises six valves as follows:
- 3 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valve (also called 12AX7) – positions V1 – V3.
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V4.
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched EL34 power valves/power tubes – positions V5 and V6.
Note: The balanced ECC83 goes in the V4 position which is the preamp valve furthest from your input jack.
We always recommend JJ valves for this amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly or the power valves as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your Laney guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. Surely the number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also important when it comes to the amplifier valves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years of experience so we are sure we can help you solve any problem.
If you have never changed your valves before please take a look at our FAQ section before you contact us.
Here we answer all the most popular questions that we get asked every day and we give you lots of hints and tips about upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit for Laney GH50R amplifiers on the market.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally graded, balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- These are selected Premium Grade JJ valves that deliver superior tone, power and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- We have over 30 years experience in the industry so you know you are in very safe hands.
What Laney say about this amp:
“There are two types of gain that affect your tone. Preamp gain which is what we associate with modern high gain tones and power amp gain which is what we relate to that classic rock tone when preamps were just not as strong as they are today. Laney know that there is a lot more you can do with these different tones so they made the GHR amp. This lets you craft the tone you want straight out of the box from crystal cleans to high gain destruction.
Channel 1 responds like your typical classic British style amplifier. Bringing up the drive control you can go from a really crystal clean through to a decent amount of crunch and overdrive. Honestly for a lot of blues and rock players this one channel will deliver all of the tones you will ever need.
Channel 2 on the other hand picks up from the overdrive of channel and gets you closer to the modern high gain sound we have loved in some of Laney’s other amps. The big thing here is that you have control of both the preamp and power amp gain here. The gain control sets the amount of preamp gain while the volume really pushes the power amp in to another world of overdrive. Don’t worry about the volume of cranking the power amp as you actually have a master output control that sets the volume in the room”.