Best replacement valve kit for Green Matamp 3000 amplifiers
This replacement valve kit for the Green Matamp 3000 amplifier will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power.
The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today.
This superior kit comprises:
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valve (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade Balanced JJ ECC*3 for the phase inverter in position V3.
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ GZ34 rectifier valve.
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched EL34 power valves/power tubes.
We always recommend JJ tubes for this amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these singly or the power valves as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change them all at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set today. Restore the power and clarity to your Green guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years of experience so we are sure we can help you solve any problem.
You will also find our FAQ section well worth a visit. Here we give you lots of hints and tips about upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit for Green Matamp 3000 amplifiers on the market
- Every kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally graded, balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- These are selected Premium Grade valves that deliver superior tone, power and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- We have over 30 years experience in the industry so you know you are in very safe hands.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
What Green say about this amplifier
“The Series 3000 is a direct descendant of the amp that started it all for Matamp, the Series 2000, made famous by Peter Green among many.
The Series 3000 Green has a warm and dynamically responsive tone that sounds great on its own or with pedals. This Green version has a slightly stiffer power supply and is the perfect baby GT120 when you want the tone but not the massive volume.
The preamp is the same as a Series 2000 apart from a drive pot in place of the switch. The output stage combines aspects of the Orange Matamp ORST and Series 2000. It features a pair of cathode bias EL34s fed by a GZ34 rectifier valve to give 30w of clean dynamic power with a little less sag than the standard Series 3000.
The tone is pure vintage Matamp from the Cooper-Mathias era of Orange-Matamp, but without the expense of owning an original.
If you’re lucky enough to own an original you can now retire your prized vintage amp and achieve all of the British blues tones you love, if you’ve never experienced true vintage Matamp tone what are you waiting for?”