Best replacement valve kit for Fender Excelsior amplifiers
This replacement valve kit for Fender Excelsior amplifiers will get your amp sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today. This superb JJ valve kit comprises:
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Current Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched 6V6S power valves/power tubes.
We always recommend JJ valves for the Fender Excelsior amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your Fender guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. Surely this is what matters most. The number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help.
Do check out our FAQ section first though. Here you will find the answers to most questions as well as useful hints and tips if you have never upgraded your tubes before.
The best replacement valve kit for the Fender Excelsior amplifier on the market
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- JJ valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and extremely low harmonics.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So you know they will be delivered safely.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
What do these valves sound like?
These Selected Premium Grade valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and very low microphonic so that you get the very best tone from your amplifier. You really can hear the difference.
Tight and full bass response without any muddiness. A mellow and very rich middle range but still crystal clean when required. A saturated overdrive with exceptional sustain. A beautiful glassy top end that can be easily varied to suit your style of playing.
About this amp
- Distinctive, unusual styling and sound
- Full valve power through 2 x 6V6 power tubes and 2 x ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes.
- 13 watts power
- 15″ Special Design speaker
- Three inputs all with optimised circuitry: Guitar, Mic, and Accordion.
- Volume, Tremolo, Bright/Dark switch
- 1/4″ internal speaker disconnect for external speaker
The Fender Pawn Shop Excelsior combo amp is one of the more stylish looking amps and fits nicely into the boutique category. It provides a very healthy 13 watts of power through a 15″ Special Design speaker.
The Excelsior features brown textured vinyl covering, an extremely distinctive and tasteful E-shaped grille, and a crossed-swords front badge. The amp is very versatile compared with many others as it has three inputs – guitar, mic, and accordion. Each channel has its own optimized circuitry.
There’s also a tremolo circuit (with e variable speed control) and a bright/dark tone switch.
This is certainly a good looking amp and will appeal to anyone looking for something a bit different to the mainstream. It looks different and sounds different too – both in a good way.