Best replacement valve kit for EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6 Stealth amplifier
This replacement valve kit for the EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6 Stealth amplifier will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today. This superior valve kit comprises:
- 6 x Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valve (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter
- 2 x Premium Grade JJ Matched 6L6GC power valves/power tubes.
We always recommend JJ valves for this amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your EVH guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years of experience so we are sure we can help you solve any problem.
You will also find our FAQ section well worth a visit. Here we give you lots of hints and tips about upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit for EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6 Stealth amplifiers on the market.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally graded, balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- These are selected Premium Grade JJ valves that deliver superior tone, power and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- We have over 30 years of experience in the industry so you know you are in very safe hands.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
These valves are suited to all styles of music and are exceptionally good for blues, rock and jazz as they give you so much control.
About this amp:
The EVH 50w amplifier is well known for its ability to deliver crushing metal overdrive as well as gorgeous cleans as well. The special edition “Stealth” keeps the classic three-channel (clean, crunch, lead) layout but has tweaked and refined each one.
Each channel keeps the same controls. That means volume, gain, presence, low, mid and high are all accessible from the front panel. The global resonance dial is still on the back as well.
so what changes have been made? The crunch and lead channels now have increased gain for even more sustain, as well as a few voicing tweaks. The low midrange in channel two is now more clearly defined. This helps keep your sound crisp and clear. Channel three has had its low control widened. The result is to sound even bigger – and we never thought that was possible.
Easy Bias Adjustment
Adjusting the bias is usually beyond the scope of most guitarists and the amp manufacturers don’t make it easy to adjust the bias either. A visit to your local amp tech is usually required to bias your amp tubes. That is not the case with the new EVH Stealth. There is now easy access to the bias controls on the back of the amp so you can set the valves to suit your personal taste – hotter or colder.