Best replacement valve kit for Ampeg SVT-3 Pro amplifiers
This replacement valve kit for Ampeg SVT-3 Pro amplifiers will get your amp sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today. This superb JJ valve kit comprises:
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC82 (12AU7).
We always recommend JJ valves for the Ampeg SVT-3 Pro amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your Ampeg guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. Surely this is what matters most. The number one priority for any Ampeg owner has to be the tone.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help.
Do check out our FAQ section first though.
Here you will find the answers to most questions as well as useful hints and tips if you have never upgraded your tubes before.
About this amp.
Three of the ECC83 preamp valves are used in the preamp section. The remaining two valves are used in the driver section. There is no need to use a balanced preamp valve as the amp does not use a phase inverter (despite the nonsense you will see on various forums).
Here’s how Ampeg describe this amp:
“The sound is in your head. You’ve played countless instruments in search of the ultimate soul mate. Now you need an amp that will speak your sound to the audience. That’s where the SVT-3PRO comes in. There’s a reason this amp is a best seller—it delivers the goods! With up to 450 watts and the sweet sound of tubes, the SVT-3PRO is the top choice of rockers and funkmeisters around the globe.
It’s all about tone. The SVT-3PRO’s Frequency control allows you to select the centre frequency for the Midrange control, giving you a choice of five distinct “voices” for the Midrange. The centre frequencies are 220Hz, 450Hz, 800Hz, 1.6kHz and 3kHz. And if that’s not enough, you can use the 9-Band Graphic EQ to custom tailor your sound even more. Or use the EQ to set up a foot-switchable “second channel” for your show-stopping bass solo”.
The best replacement valve kit for Ampeg SVT-3 Pro amps on the market
- Every one of our valve kits is carefully selected, fully tested, and digitally checked before we ship to you.
- JJ valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and extremely low harmonics.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So you know they will be delivered safely.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
What do these valves sound like?
These Selected Premium Grade valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and very low microphonic so that you get the very best tone from your amplifier. You really can hear the difference.
Tight and full bass response without any muddiness. A mellow and very rich middle range but still crystal clean when required. A saturated overdrive with exceptional sustain. A beautiful glassy top end that can be easily varied to suit your style of playing.