Low gain replacement valve kit for Fender Blues Junior amplifiers
This JJ low gain replacement valve kit for Fender Blues Junior amplifiers is perfect for those players looking for specific advantages over the standard valve set
These high-quality valves give you a 55% reduction in gain in order to achieve maximum clean headroom. If you find your amp needs “taming” because it is a bit too loud, or you need more cleans, this is the set for you. Get that volume knob cranked up and the valves working harder for the best possible tone and sound quality.
This superb JJ low gain valve kit comprises:
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ 12AY7 preamp valve for the V1 position.
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 (also known as 12AX7) for the V2 position.
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Current Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V3
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched EL84 power valves/power tubes.
You can order these amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your Fender guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. Surely this is what matters most. The number one priority for any Fender amp owner has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help.
Do check out our FAQ section first though. Here you will find the answers to most questions as well as useful hints and tips if you have never upgraded your tubes before.
The best replacement low gain valve kit for Fender Blues Junior on the market.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- 55% reduction in gain giving maximum clean headroom.
- JJ valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and extremely low harmonics.
- Reduces feedback for instruments such as harmonicas.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
What do these valves sound like?
These Selected Premium Grade valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and very low microphonic so that you get the very best tone from your amplifier. You really can hear the difference.
A very warm rounded clean tone with reduced harshness. Light and full bass response without any muddiness. A mellow and very rich middle range but still crystal clean when required. A saturated overdrive with exceptional sustain. A beautiful glassy top end that can be easily varied to suit your style of playing.
Note 1: This kit is extremely effective but If you find that you need even more clean sound you can put a 12AT7 (ECC82) in the V2 or V3 position which will reduce the gain even further.
Note 2: The Fender Blues Junior speaker is also a contributor to how clean or distorted the final sound is. If you swap the speaker for a more powerful speaker it will not distort so early. If you want the amp to be cleaner and louder for gigging, for example, a new s[eaker is worth considering. The Fender Blues Deluxe is naturally cleaner at higher volumes because it is using more powerful 6L6 valves (40w) instead of EL84 power valves (15w). Naturally, these will give you a louder clean sound before they start to break up.