Best replacement valve kit for Watkins/WEM Westminster MKII amplifier
This replacement valve kit for the Westminster MKII amplifier will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today.
This superior kit comprises:
- 1 x Selected Sovtek 12AX7WA preamp valve (also called 12AX7) for the tremolo.
- 1 x Selected Tesla NOS EZ80 for the rectifier.
- 2 x Selected Svetlana ECL82 valves for the preamp/phase inverter and power output.
We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier.
So treat yourself to a brand new set today. Restore the power and clarity to your Watkins/WEM guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years of experience so we are sure we can help you solve any problem.
If you haven’t changed your valves before, please visit our FAQ section before you contact us. Here we give you lots of hints and tips about upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit for WEM Westminster MKII amps on the market.
- Every kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally graded, balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- These are selected Premium Grade valves that deliver superior tone, power and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- We have over 30 years experience in the industry so you know you are in very safe hands.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
About this amp.
The Westminster was produced from 1954 up to the mid seventies. Even then it didn’t die. A reissue version was produced in 2014 which was licensed by the original manufacturer.
The Watkins company was taken over by WEM in the 1960s and the Westminster MKII is probably the first amp that appeared completely in WEM branding.
In total, 26 versions of this amp were produced so please contact us if you have a different version and need help identifying which valves you need.
The MKII features:
- Lovely tube driven tremolo.
- 1o watts of power.
- Plain black cabinet with decorative aluminium facing and the grill covering the entire front.
- Only produced for around 2 years and is very rare.
- Rapidly becoming a collectors item.