Best replacement valve kit for Orange Thunderverb 50 amplifiers.
What Valves Does The Orange THUNDERVERB 50 Use?
This superb replacement valve kit for the Orange Thunderverb 50 contains:
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC81 (12AT7).
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched EL34 power valves/power tubes.We always recommend JJ valves for the Orange Thundeverb 50 amplifier because they offer incredible tone and performance at a competitive price. Order your valves today and hear the difference.
Replace the valves on your Orange Thunderverb 50 amplifier.
Do you have any questions about replacing the valves on your Orange Thunderverb 50? Please do not hesitate to drop us an email and we will get straight back to you.
We have over 30 years experience so one of our team is always happy to help.
It’s also well worth taking a look at our very helpful FAQ section. Here you will find the answer to most questions. There are also lots of useful tips if you have never upgraded your tubes before.
Superb Valves and Superb Customer Service.
- Selected Premium Grade JJ valves for superior tone, power and performance across the range.
- Every valve kit is carefully chosen, fully tested and digitally matched before we ship to you.
- We offer a range of delivery options with full tracking and insurance so you know they will arrive safely.
- International delivery. We ship all over the world every single day.
About the Orange Thunderverb 50 amplifier.
Do you need a clean channel and a dirty channel? Or two clean channels or two dirty channels? The Orange Thunderverb 50 is the amp for every occasion. Everything from lush reverb-laden cleans, Classic Rock punch to full-on Metal gain are all available on both channels. Each channel has its own three stages of gain and master volume controls for each.
The OrangeThunderverb 50 shares the same front panel layout as the 200W version. The amp has a slightly sweeter character owing to its lower output and pair of EL34 valves, for those who prefer the sound and feel of a 50 Watt head.
Channel A is equipped with a three band EQ while Channel B features our popular and hugely capable Shape control. Turning fully clockwise produces an aggressive ‘smiley face’ EQ with scooped mids and boosted lows and highs. At the other extreme, you’ll find smooth, rounded treble with striking, prominent mids. Tonally, this means ultra modern Metal to vintage Rock and everywhere in between, all with just one dial.
The footswitchable attenuator is located after the master volume controls but before the output transformer therefore ensuring the amp always retains a springy response, even at whisper quiet volumes. Crank the master volume controls and use the attenuator to achieve output stage saturation at lower output volume levels, or defeat the control via a footswitch for a ‘clean boost’ for leads. Complete with valve driven spring reverb and a valve buffered effects loop, the Thunderverb Series is for those who demand the utmost flexibility with a player-friendly layout.