Best replacement valve kit for Marshall Super Lead 100w amplifier
This replacement valve kit for the original 1960s Marshall Super Lead 100w amplifier will get your amp sounding better than ever. The best quality amplifier valves on the market today.
This superior valve kit comprises:
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valve (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V3.
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade original Marshall Matched EL34 power valves/power tubes.
Note: The balanced ECC83 goes in the V3 position which is the preamp valve furthest from your input jack.
Early versions of this amp (1959-1967) were fitted with 4 x KT77 power valves. After 1967 Marshall changed these for EL34 power valves. In the 1970s, Marshall had problems with the EL34 valves breaking in transit so they started shipping many overseas models with 6550 power tubes instead. So it’s very important that you check what is inside your amp before placing an order.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your Marshall vintage guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years of experience so we are sure we can help you solve any problem.
You will also find our FAQ section well worth a visit. Here we give you lots of hints and tips about upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit for the Marshall Super Lead amp on the market.
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally graded, balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- These are selected Premium Grade JJ valves that deliver superior tone, power and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- We have over 30 years experience in the industry so you know you are in very safe hands.
About this amp.
The 1959 Super Lead was produced from 1965 to 1981. It was then replaced by the JCM800 Series. It was produced as a head, PA and bass version. It came in both 100w and 50w.
The front panel looked like it was made of plexiglass which led to the name “Plexi”. It was actually made of a much tougher polycarbonate plastic.
The 1959 had 100 watts of power, two channels, and four inputs. They were powered by four KT66 tubes, but models made after 1967 had four EL34 tubes instead. It had three ECC83 tubes for the preamp stage. A model with tremolo, the 1959T, was available until 1973.