Best Replacement Valve Kit For Laney TT20 amplifiers
What Valves Does The Laney TT20 Amplifier Use?
This superb replacement valve kit for Laney TT20 amplifiers includes:
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V3.
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ EL84 Matched power valves/power tubes.
We always recommend JJ tubes for the Laney TT20 amplifier. This is because they guarantee awesome tone and power – and they don’t cost a fortune.
You can buy valves as singles, power valves as matched pairs or a complete kit of replacement valves. However, if you want to get your amp sounding its best, we strongly recommend that you change all the valves at the same time.
So replace the valves on your Laney amplifier and hear the difference.
We have an FAQ section that answers most of the questions we get asked each week. However, if you have any other questions about replacing the valves on your Laney TT20 please do not hesitate to drop us an email. We have over 30 years experience so we are always happy to advise.
- These selected premium quality valves will significantly improve your tone and power.
- Every valve kit is carefully chosen, fully tested, digitally balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- We offer a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So you know your valves will arrive safely.
- Global despatch. We deliver all over the world every single day.
Replacement Valve Kit For Laney TT20: All about the amp
The Laney TT20 has one channel, which has a great classic rock and hard rock tone. Being a 20W amp it has less headroom than higher wattage amps which means it will break up earlier. That’s just what many players want of course! The Laney TT20 amp ROCKS. Great sound but it’s also very loud.
Powered by two EL84 tubes with three ECC83 tubes in the preamp. It features hot and normal inputs and a full complement of EQ controls, a bright switch, a “Modern” voicing switch and a pentode/triode tube operation mode switch to sculpt your tone even further. On the back of the Laney TT20, there is an extremely useful effects loop. Finally, outputs include an 8ohm extension speaker out, record out and line-level out.
Click here if you need a user manual for the Laney TT20 amplifier.
User Review for the Laney TT20 amplifier:
One user says: “The versatility of these little amps is unbelievable. I’ve had 3 Blues Juniors and the Laney kills them in every way. Better tone, craftsmanship, and overall performance.
It can go from Blues Jr. to Mesa/Boogie High-gain by pushing one button. It covers everything nicely.”