Looking for a replacement valve kit for your Fender Super-Sonic 60? You’ve come to the right place.
What Valves Does The Fender Super-Sonic 60 Head Use?
This replacement valve kit for the Fender Super-Sonic 60 Head has 8 valves in total:
- 5 x Premium Grade JJ ECC83 (also called 12AX7) preamp valves.
- 1 x Premium Grade JJ ECC81 (12AT7) balanced for the phase splitter position (V6 which is next to the power valves).
- 2 x Premium Grade JJ 6L6GC matched power valves/power tubes. Important Note: The COMBO version of this amp uses 10 valves – 1 extra ECC81 and 1 extra ECC82. You can find the valve kit for the Combo version here.
We always recommend JJ valves for the Fender Supersonic 60 amplifier. This is because they are superior quality premium valves that give amazing tone and power. JJ is one of only five valve manufacturers in the world. So don’t pay more for rebranded versions of the exact same valves.
Order your valves for Fender Supersonic 60 below and hear the difference.
The best replacement valve for the Fender Super-Sonic 60 Head.
Do you have questions about replacing the valves on your Fender Super-Sonic 60 amplifier? Please drop us an email and one of the team will get straight back to you.
We have over 30 years of experience so we will be delighted to help.
If you have never changed the valves on your amp before please take a look at our very helpful FAQ section before you contact us. Here you will find the answer to most questions along with some very valuable hints and tips.
Why buy this replacement valve kit for your Fender Supersonic 60?
- Every valve kit is carefully chosen, fully tested and the power valves are digitally matched.
- Fast delivery with door to door tracking and insurance. So you know your valves will arrive safely.
- Superior premium valves giving an upgrade in performance and quality.
- International delivery – we ship all over the world every day.
Here’s what Fender say about the Super-Sonic 60 Head:
Super-Sonic amplifiers are the favourite tool of pro guitarists in many fields. People who love to create glorious Fender clean tones and expressive modern high-gain tones with one no-nonsense tube amp.
The vintage channel is based on two legendary Fender favourites. In addition, the amazing burn channel ignites musical inspiration. Overdrive flavours range from bluesy to flame-throwing. So the Super-Sonic 60 delivers increased bass response and fatter tone, therefore, giving more control. Its heavily saturated tube overdrive and sustain can be fine-tuned without masking the tonal character of your guitar. Also, by popular demand, the new Super-Sonic 60 models are available in two classic cosmetic treatments. You can get Black/Silver and 1961-style Blonde/Oxblood, both with ivory “radio” knobs and flowing 1960s script logo.
- Wattage: 60 Watts
- Effects Loop: Effects Loop with Send Level & Return Level
- Channels: Two – Vintage & Burn (Vintage Channel has Two Switchable Voices)
- Effects: Spring Reverb
- 8 Tubes for the head: 5 x ECC83 (12AX7), 1 x Balanced ECC81 (12AT7), 2 x matched 6L6GC.
- 10 tubes for the combo: 6 x ECC83 (12AX7), 1 x ECC81 (12AT7), 1 x Balanced ECC81, 2 x matched 6L6GC.