Best replacement valve kit for EVH 5150 II 50w 6L6 combo amplifiers
This replacement valve kit for EVH 5150 II 50w 6L6 combos will get your amp sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves are specified by Mr EVH for this amplifier to ensure the best possible tone.
This superb JJ valve kit comprises:
- 6 x Selected Premium Grade JJ ECC83 preamp valves (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Current Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in V9.
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade JJ Matched 6L6GC power valves/power tubes.
This amp was also supplied with EL34 power valves so do check your amp before placing your order.
This is the valve positions and their functions:
V1: ½ CH1/CH2 Preamp and ½ CH3 Preamp
V2, V3: CH3 Preamp
V5, V6: CH1/CH2 Preamp
V7, V8: Power Amp Output
V9: Power Amp Phase Splitter (this is the one closest to the two power valves).
We always recommend JJ valves for the EVH 5150 III 50w amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. Mr EVH agrees – Eddie specified JJ valves for this amp.
You can order these amplifier valves singly or the power valves as matched pairs. However, it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your EVH guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. Surely this is what matters most. The number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years experience so we are sure we can help.
Do check out our FAQ section first though. Here you will find the answers to most questions as well as useful hints and tips if you have never upgraded your tubes before.
The best replacement valve kit for EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6 combo amplifiers on the market
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- JJ valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and extremely low harmonics.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So you know they will be delivered safely.
- Global delivery – we ship all over the world.
What do these valves sound like?
The combination of the amps electronics and a set of superb JJ valves gives you the best possible sound from this amplifier. These Selected Premium Grade valves have the highest quality control, minimal noise and very low microphonic so that you get the very best tone possible. You really can hear the difference.
Tight and full bass response without any muddiness. A mellow and very rich middle range but still crystal clean when required. A saturated overdrive with exceptional sustain. A beautiful glassy top end that can be easily varied to suit your style of playing.