Replacement valve kit for Vox AC30C1 amplifier.
What Valves Does The Vox AC30C1 Amplifier Use?
This superb valve kit for the Vox AC30C1 comprises:
- 2 x Selected Premium Grade Sovtek 12AX7WC preamp valves (also called ECC83).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade Sovtek Balanced 12AX7WC for the phase inverter.
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade Sovtek EL84 power valves/power tubes.
The balanced 12AX7WC goes in the V3 position which is the preamp position furthest from your input jack.
We recommend replacing all tubes for the Vox AC30C1 amplifier as they guarantee awesome tone at a competitive price. This valve kit is superior to the original valves used on this amp.
We also stock the highly regarded JJ range of tubes for this amplifier if you prefer the JJ Electronics brand.
Replacement valve kit for your Vox AC30C1 amplifier.
If you have any questions about replacing the valves on your Vox AC30C1 please do not hesitate to get in touch. We have over 30 years experience and so we are always happy to help
About the Vox AC30C1 amplifier:
The Vox AC30 C1 amp became available in early 2010. This is a 30 watt class A all tube amp. It is comprised of three 12AX7 tubes and four EL84 tubes.
Different for this model is that the arguably faulty valve rectifier was replaced with a solid state version. Purists will not like this, but the sound is solid and it avoids the headaches of having a valve rectifier fail.
The Vox AC30 C1 has the classic Vox AC30 sound and chime.
The speakers have been improved with Celestion Greenbacks (25 watts a side). This is a two channel amp and is plenty loud. It has that beautiful UK sound.
It also has a beautiful spring reverb and the classic Vox tremolo.
Features of the Vox AC30C1:
- Valves/tubes: 3 x ECC83(12AX7) and 4 x EL84.
- One 15″ Blue Marvel speakers.
- Tremolo with speed and intensity.
- Pre and post gain controls on lead channel.
- Boost switch.
- Master reverb.
- Footswitch-selectable channel switching and tremolo.
- Effects loop.
- 22-1/2″W x 21″H x 11″.