Best replacement valve kit for Friedman BE100 amplifiers
This replacement valve kit for the Friedman BE100 (often called the “Brown Eye”) amplifier will get your amplifier sounding better than ever. These superior quality valves will give you a significant upgrade in both tone and power. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today.
This superior valve kit comprises:
- 3 x Selected Premium Grade Electro Harmonix ECC83 preamp valve (also called 12AX7).
- 1 x Selected Premium Grade Electro Harmonix Balanced ECC83 for the phase inverter in position V4.
- 4 x Selected Premium Grade Electro Harmonix Matched EL34 power valves/power tubes.
Note: The balanced ECC83 goes in the V4 position which is the preamp valve furthest from your input jack.
Some versions of this amp have 5 preamp valves rather than 4 so please check your amp before you place an order.
We always recommend JJ valves for this amplifier. This is because they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price. We think these are the best valves/tubes for this amplifier. You can order these amplifier valves singly or the power valves as matched pairs but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
So treat yourself to a brand new set of gorgeous sounding valves today. Restore the power and clarity to your Friedman guitar amplifier.
- Awesome tone. This is what matters most. The number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve/tube power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve/tube life. Guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks. This is also particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about this valve kit?
If you have any questions about replacing your valves please drop us an email. We have more than 30 years of experience so we are sure we can help you solve any problem.
You will also find our FAQ section well worth a visit. Here we give you lots of hints and tips about upgrading your tubes.
The best replacement valve kit for the Friedman BE100 on the market
- Every valve kit is carefully selected, fully tested, digitally graded, balanced and matched before we ship to you.
- These are selected Premium Grade EH valves that deliver superior tone, power and performance.
- We have a range of fast delivery options with full tracking and insurance. So order with total confidence.
- We have over 30 years experience in the industry so you know you are in very safe
What Friedman say about this amp:
The Friedman BE100 (also known as the Brown Eye) may be one of the best multi-channel modded Plexi style amplifiers available today. With the ability to go from sweet and smooth clean tones to outrageous high gain rock and metal tones this is the one amp you need for every generation of legendary British tones.
3 Modes For Ultimate Control
While a lot of modded Plexi amps still stick to the single channel layout that the legends are known for the BE100 gives you more control and more options. Don’t worry the gain channels still clean up like a dream just like the originals but now you also have a dedicated clean channel as well as two different gain modes.
The BE and HBE are your two different gain modes. These have similar tones but one will take you into another level over drive which makes it perfect for all kinds of insane high gain riffing, it even sounds great for metal as well.
That is not all of the control though as you can also use the different bright, fat, saturation and voice switches on top of the already very powerful 3 band EQ on the overdrive channel or 2 band EQ on the clean channel.
Made In The USA
Designed and built by Dave Friedman and his team in California the BE100 is well known for being an incredibly high quality amplifier that sounds great from the moment you turn it on. By using a selection of four 12AX7 preamp valves and four EL34 power valves you get a truly British sound that competes well with anything actually coming out of Britain today.