EL84 (6BQ5) Matched Quad Power Valves JJ Brand NEW TESTED
£34.74 (ex vat)
Need a Replacement EL84 Valve Quad for Your Guitar Amplifier?
Our replacement valve quad type 4x EL84 matched for guitar amplifiers enables you to restore the original sound quality of your amplifier.
Get your amplifier sounding as good as the day you first bought it with this stunning guitar amplifier valve quad. The best value for money amplifier valves on the market today.
This valve quad comprises:
- 4 x matched EL84 valves.
We recommend JJ valves for the 4x EL84 matched valve quad as they offer a superb tone at a very attractive price.
Guitar Amplifier Compatibility
This quad will work with any amplifier that requires 4x EL84 matched valves.
You can also order all our amplifier valves singly or as matched pairs and quads but it is always recommended that you change all your valves at the same time if you possibly can.
Restore the original power, clarity and sparkle with your 4x EL84 matched valve quad for guitar amplifier. Treat yourself to a new set of valves today.
- Awesome tone – the number one priority for any guitarist has to be the tone of the amplifier. Warm, rich, fat and juicy are the words that best describe the sound from these valves.
- Sustained valve power to make the most of every stage in the amplifier chain. It is the balance between volume and tone that distinguishes a great valve from a mediocre valve.
- Long valve life – guitar amps by their very nature have to be built to take a lot of knocks and robustness is particularly important when it comes to the amplifier valves themselves.
Do you have any questions about the replacement valve quad type 4x EL84 matched?
Buying our replacement valve quad type 4x EL84 matched made by JJ valves ensures you will get great tone. These quads offer superb value for money. If you have any questions about replacing your existing valves with our new quad type 4x EL84 matched please drop us an email or give us a call. With more than 30 years experience are sure we can help you solve any problem.
The Best Value replacement 4x EL84 matched valve quad for on the market today.
- We offer same day dispatch as standard (order before midday).
- Also we can offer optional guaranteed next day delivery (order before midday).
- If you are in a rush we can do guaranteed Saturday delivery (order before midday on Friday).
Why Use a Matched Pair or Quad of Valves?
In a guitar amplifier with two output valves, in simple terms one valve is pushing the speaker cone and one is pulling it.
(In an amp with four output valves, the same applies but the amp has twice the power.)
With the same signal applied to each valve in the pair you can see that it’s important that each valve gives an identical amount of push or pull. If this was not the case, fidelity would be lost.
So you MUST replace all the output tubes at the same time and you should buy your EL84 matched quad from a reputable dealer. At AmpValves we test all incoming stock and sort into matched pairs or quads.
A matched pair or quad means each valve gives the same bias current under identical conditions of plate voltage and grid bias voltage.
Please note that valves (same make, same type) can differ wildly in their characteristics, hence this matching is required.
These superb amplifier valves fit many different guitar amplifiers produced by a variety of different manufacturers. EL84 valves have a very specific sound so please check the exact valves you need for your amplifier by clicking here.